Monday, March 3, 2008

To The Bride

I would like to share with you the poem I wrote for my daughter's wedding day. I would love to hear your opinion .

To The Bride

Dear daughter of mine
You’ll be getting married soon.
Wasn’t it the other day
When we’d play and watch cartoons
Held your little hands in mine
And I sang a lullaby?

And when time for bed arrived
And we’d pray and say goodnight
Used to hug me, real tight
Wouldn’t want to say goodbye.

You were playful and so cute
With that lively voice, so you
Bringing toys and things you’d choose
Saying: Mommy, that’s for you.

Now a woman, a young bride
So grown up, in love, oh my!
Time does really pass us by.
And the wedding day arrived
A good man is by your side.
I’m so happy when you smile
And I see the gaze of love;
Mom’s so happy for you both!

Miriam Messina-Gutierrez (Mom)

August 9, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Diana and Jim's wedding

1 comment:

bonmariage said...

I love this! Thank you mom - it meant so much to us!